Bloedel has worked in the Theatre Department at Bethany Lutheran College since 1991. He is the originator of Bethany’s annual vaudeville revue Theatre Physics which celebrated 29 years in the fall of 2022. Bloedel has written many original, full-length plays including the Minnesota based comedy Icehouse Madrigals, and Jam Jar Sonnets (published by Playscripts Inc.). Other published one-act plays by Bloedel include: The Seussification of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, One-Act Rhymes for Bible Times, A Seussified Christmas Carol, A Play With Words, The Rules of Comedy, and The Seussification of Romeo and Juliet, which has the distinction of being performed over 1500 times world-wide.
- Play Directing
- Theatrical Design
- A.A. from Bethany Lutheran College in Mankato, Minnesota
- B.A. from Gustavus Adolphus College in Saint Peter, Minnesota
- M.A. from Minnesota State University-Mankato in Mankato, Minnesota
- Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival,
- Evangelical Lutheran Synod Board for Youth Outreach
KCACTF Region 5 award for Bethany’s original production of Jam Jar Sonnets.
Many years of church youth work.
- Juggling/Circus Arts
A Christ-centered approach to teaching is at the very heart of the Bethany Lutheran College theater curriculum. We will study plays of all types and genres, and all of them will be examined through the lens of Christ.