Patricia Lilienthal

Patricia Lilienthal – Class of 2018 – History
Intern, Beijing Normal University Hong Kong Baptist University United International College (UIC), Zhuhai, Guangdong, China

What you do:

I am a 6th grade general education instructor in the southwestern part of Minnesota. I spend my days helping Photo of Patricia Lilienthalstudents discover who they are and why they matter and make a difference in the world. I help them by teaching them math, reading, science, S.T.E.A.M., art, and writing every day. Each day I spend with them is a day of learning for both of us. We have our ups and downs, but together we are learning to overcome each battle we are faced with one day at a time.

What inspires you:

Being able to help students learn how to express a thought or idea in a second language has been amazing. I love learning about other cultures. In teaching students about mine, I have also learned so much about theirs..

How you want to make a difference:

I hope to be helpful anywhere and everywhere I go.

How Bethany prepared you:

Bethany prepared me to think of others when completing tasks. The sense of family, cooperation, and kindness which I received at Bethany has helped me to act in the same manner here.

What you remember most about Bethany:

I have not been gone from Bethany for too long, so I remember a lot. What sticks out most, though, are the people: the professors and friends. I also remember Theatre and Choir more fondly than I can express.

Advice for current students:

Please be involved in something. The people are good and the experiences priceless.