Noah Battenfeld

Education major Noah Battenfeld in gym with young students.What you do:

Kindergarten Teacher at Kasson-Mantorville Elementary School, Kasson, Minnesota-

In my free time I have a few hobbies: Collecting basketball cards, Woodwork building (birdhouses, benches, and things for my classroom)
Big family guy who loves being outdoors with them, Work a lot and enjoy every job that I have had since I was a little boy. 

What inspires you:

I am drawn to elementary education because of the kids! I love being with kids and being able to teach them has always been what I wanted to do. I had many teachers along the way that have inspired me to do what I am doing today. I can’t thank them enough for inspiring me to be a teacher as well as in many sorts of life. I strive to do the same when I start teaching.

How you want to make a difference:

I want to make a difference in children’s lives. I want to instill into them to live life to the fullest and never take anything for granted. I want to instill into them to smile all the time and never let anyone dull their very own smile. I want to also show them that being positive and living life positive is what is best.

How Bethany has prepared you:

I was granted with the three best Education major professors out there. (Polly Browne, Carrie Pfeifer, and Alanna Lienig)
– I was given chances to get in the classroom beyond thought.
– I was able to ask questions and get help when needed.
– I was able to make connections and build my relationships.
– I took part in so many different courses that helped me gain the skill that I have today.
– Bethany was the BEST choice and I cannot be more happy with my choice.

What you remember most about Bethany:

The small community and environment with so many great people in such a loving Christian manner. Another thing I remember the most is the opportunities I was given. I was able to be a part of so many clubs, organizations, campus jobs, and so much more. I had opportunity that I would not get anywhere else.

Advice for current students:

Take every moment given and live it. Try new things and be adventurous. Take a step in a direction you have not tried yet. College is about trying new things and taking some risks you normally would not take.