Closing Date: Friday, August 16, 2019.
Position: Athletic Trainer (full-time; August – May)
Position summary: Responsible to the Director of Athletic Training Services to assist with athletic training services in the care of student-athletes competing in the College’s athletic program.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the comprehensive athletic training program in support of the College’s mission statement, athletic department philosophies and procedures, Upper Midwest Athletic Conference guidelines, and NCAA best practices and guidelines, including:
- Preventive procedures for student-athletes, including physical exams
- Care and treatment of student-athlete injuries, including rehabilitation, treatment, and referral
- Standard operating procedures, record keeping, and documentation of injuries
- Student-athlete medical clearance forms
- Athletic training administrative duties
- Provide coverage for intercollegiate sports.
- Work with team physicians and other allied health professionals to deliver athletic training services to student athletes.
- Act as a Preceptor for the MSU ATEP
- Maintain Board of Certification (BOC), CPR and AED certification in accordance with those respective institutions.
Athletic training room
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the athletic training room and its services, including maintenance of room and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with BOC and OSHA standards.
- Recognize, evaluate, and treat student-athlete injuries, including stipulations for participation.
- Provide counseling and education for student-athletes and parents.
- Utilize proper operation of athletic training therapeutic modalities.
- Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
- Assist with coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home athletic practices and events, including camps and tournaments.
- Supervise work-study students during practices and pre- and post-game activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletic Training Services.
- willingness to support mission of Bethany Lutheran College
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Athletic Training or related field.
- (A bachelor’s degree is required: a master’s degree is preferred.)
- NPI Number Required
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Professional Licensure/Certification
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as an athletic trainer in the state of Minnesota.
- Current national certification in good standing with Board of Certification (BOC, Inc.)
- familiarity with NCAA governing rules
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- able to lift, pull, push up to 50 pounds