Closing Date: Friday, August 23, 2019
Function of position: Responsible to the Library Services Specialist for assisting with library operations.
Duties and responsibilities: * essential function
*1. Assist patrons with full range of circulation desk procedures, including the use of online catalog, databases, and basic library research.
*2. Maintain library collections by accurately lending and shelving materials as well as processing new materials and assisting with inventory and projects as needed.
*3. Perform computer work using Microsoft and other web applications.
*4. Able to meet attendance requirements.
*5. Able to meet mental/cognitive requirements, which include monitoring the library building, assisting patrons, attention to detail, and organization.
*6. Able to meet physical requirements.
- Perform other related duties/responsibilities as appropriate or as assigned by the Library Services Specialist.
- willingness to support the mission of Bethany Lutheran College
- associate’s or specialized technical degree
- one year of experience in field
- excellent organization and oral/written communication skills
- ability to lift, pull and/or push up to 50 pounds
Work Schedule (7+ hours per week):
- Wednesday: 4:30 – 11:15 p.m.
- Other night/weekend shifts as schedule allows
Also required to work extended hours during midterm and final exam weeks. Library is open until 12 a.m. the week prior to and during midterm week, as well as two weeks prior to and during finals week.