Date of Posting: January 14th, 2022
Application Deadline: Applications will be taken until position is filled.
ADJUNCT FACULTY POSITION: COUN 642 COUNSELING CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
Adjunct faculty in the Counseling Department teach online courses as assigned and based on the needs of the program.
COUN 642 Counseling Children and Adolescents (3 credits).
May 16th – June 19th, 2022.
Explores the fundamental skills, strategies, and interventions for counseling children and adolescents across a variety of settings; including, schools, multidisciplinary clinics and hospitals, in-home, and residential programs. This course is offered as five week intensive during the Summer 2022 term.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
- The Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program at Bethany Lutheran College is seeking qualified candidates with a MA, MS, EdD, or PhD in the relevant area of counseling.
- A doctoral degree in counseling or a related field, preferably Counselor Education and Supervision is strongly desired.
- Licensure and experience as a professional counselor or psychologist is required, preferably 3-5 years of professional counseling experience.
- Candidates should have experience teaching in higher education with preference given to those who have taught in the online environment and are familiar with online teaching platforms (Moodle, Zoom, Bongo, etc.).
- A demonstrated commitment to the counseling professional identity through advanced credentialing, presentations, publications, and service to the profession.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foster a respectful, empowering learning environment that contributes to a positive student experience.
- Encourage student participation in the learning process through a variety of learning techniques and strategies.
- Encourage students to engage course content through a Christian worldview.
- Provide content and assignments that nurture the development of a faith-informed clinical identity and clinical practice.
- Be available to students for consultation and clarification regarding course subject matter.
- Fulfill the instructional responsibilities of planning for course activities, appropriate teaching methods, and assessment of student work.
- Provide feedback to students in a timely and meaningful manner aimed at fostering continuous growth and development.
- Model professional approaches that instill high ethical values and encourage lifelong learning.
- Candidates should submit a letter of interest that addresses qualifications and area of specialization, resume/curriculum vitae.
- Academic transcripts (may be unofficial)
- Statement of Faith
Send Information to:
Bethany Lutheran College – Human Resources Office
Academic Search Committee — Clinical Mental Health Counseling
700 Luther Drive
Mankato, MN 56001; or via scanned email to firstname.lastname@example.org