Posting Date: March. 14th, 2022
Applications will be taken until the position is filled.
Position Title: Medical Scribe
Hours: Full & part-time weekly scheduling options available! Hiring team can accommodate scheduling around school schedules weekly. No minimums required, but the hiring manager prefers around 10-20 hours for part-time and 32-40 hours for full-time.
Location: Mankato, Minnesota
Pride Health is a minority owned healthcare staffing agency with a local office in Minneapolis. Our agency partners with various healthcare organizations locally in Minnesota and nationally as well.
One of our largest clients, Mayo Clinic, is currently hiring for multiple Medical Scribes openings and has asked our agency to assist in finding great workers. The medical scribes will support Mayo’s dermatology clinic in Mankato, MN.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Some background knowledge in healthcare, human anatomy and/or medical terminology.
College students pursuing healthcare career paths.
Strong typing, grammar and data entry skills.
Duties and Skills:
- Ensures that documentation meets appropriate coding requirements.
- Assists physician with documentation of each patient’s medical chart during his or her stay.
- Accompanies the physician into the patient examination area in order to transcribe a history and physical examination as given by the patient and physician.
- Under the direction of the physician transcribes patient orders including laboratory tests radiology tests medications etc.
- Transcribes any consultations or discussions with family and/or the patient’s private physician or the on-call physician.
- Completes the patient’s chart by transcribing results of any labs x-rays or other evaluations.
- Continuously checks on the progress of patient chart data in order to get the patient’s workup complete so that the physician is able to make his or her decisions regarding that patient.
- Lists all proper diagnoses as well as any discharge/follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
Please contact Sarah Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-509-2313 for more information.