Posting Date: March 9, 2023
Status/Type: Full Time, Exempt
Applications will be taken until the position is filled.
Position Summary: Responsible to the V.P. Institutional Advancement for scheduling and implementing events on and off campus. This position serves the college by making the stay of guests a pleasurable experience that reflects positively on Bethany Lutheran College (BLC) and promotes our mission while maintaining orderly use of the campus spaces.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with all areas of campus with planning, promotion and implementing campus, student, alumni, and private non-BLC events while providing consistent and uniform presentation of all on and off campus events for our guests.
• Work with the Evangelical Lutheran Synod and their congregations, and other businesses and organizations to bring groups to campus for meetings, workshops, and events while promoting the mission of the College.
• Coordinates on-campus events, meetings, overnight accommodations, and other requests as needed for guests.
• This position may require irregular work hours such as early mornings, late afternoons, evenings, weekends and extended hours based on the needs of the event.
• Maintain and post calendar of events working with Bethany faculty and staff when appropriate. This includes keeping the campus informed in a regular and systematic way of events and guests.
• Maintain and post classroom schedules for all academic buildings and manage meeting room requests and reservations as needed.
• Work with residential life, campus security and others to address parking needs as they relate to campus guests.
• Work with campus dining services and outside vendors as needed to coordinate all events that require food service.
• Ensure that all event technology needs are met and coordinated with information technology services.
• This position may require coordination, supervision and training of student workers from time to time.
• Lead and coordinate regular communication between departments on campus that regularly serve guests on campus (Admissions, Athletics and Fine Arts). Other committee assignments include, but not limited to, the safety committee and facilities committee.
• Manage the annual budget for this position.
• Perform other related duties/responsibilities as appropriate or assigned by V.P. Institutional Advancement.
• training beyond high school; associate’s degree preferred
• one year of experience in related field
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• willingness to support the mission of BLC and commitment to the value of Christian higher education
• ability to represent BLC in a friendly and professional manner in actions, conversation, conduct, appearance, hygiene, and dress.
• excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizations skills with strong attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines
Please send all application materials to:
Bethany Lutheran College – Human Resources Office
700 Luther Drive
Mankato, MN 56001; or via scanned email to email@example.com