We are excited to announce that the 35th annual Bethany Sports Classic Golf Tournament will be happening as scheduled on Monday, August 3 at the Mankato Golf Club!
The event will be played on this date, but with a few changes to comply with social distancing efforts related to COVID-19. Instead of the customary shotgun start we are going to do tee times every 10 minutes beginning at 9 a.m. and ending at 3 p.m. Meals will be made “to go” so you can eat on the course or bring home with you after the round. Also, since some teams won’t be able to have both the lunch and dinner due the schedule of the day, a snack/beverage voucher to be used at the concession stand or hospitality cart on the course will be issued to compensate for the missed meal.
Details with registration, auctions, raffle, and awards will be announced closer to the date of the event.
*Online registration is available below. Please contact Jake Krier if you have questions about the tournament!*
Although we are unable to congregate the way we have in the past, we are confident this tournament will be as enjoyable and successful as it always is. Please join us for another beautiful day of fun and fellowship with the Bethany Family, and help us raise important dollars for our Bethany Vikings Athletic Department!
Monday, August 3, 2020
Mankato Golf Club (Directions)
- Teams will tee-off every 10 minutes starting at 9:00 a.m and ending at 3:00 p.m. (*You will be notified by Tuesday, July 28 the time your team will be teeing off at.)
$130 per golfer (Teams must consist of 4-5 golfers), includes:
- 18 holes of golf (scramble)
- Complimentary door prizes
- Lunch, Dinner, or Snack/Beverage Voucher at Mankato Golf Club
- Prizes, contests, and awards
Optional Swing Package – $35, includes:
- 1 mulligan
- 1 drink ticket
- 2 raffle tickets
- 3 putts in putting contest
Skip the line and get it all at once!
What Your Dollars Support
All proceeds will be used to help improve the Bethany Lutheran College Athletic Department. Bethany Athletics promotes individual growth and development in the spiritual, emotional, social and physical realms, based on the Christian principles set forth in the mission statement of the College. With your support, Viking athletics can continue to provide students with a Christian approach to competition, teamwork, fair play, ethics, and life-long learning.
Club Rules And Policies In Place To Help Maintain Social Distancing Before, During, And After The Event
- All carry-on beverages other than water are PROHIBITED. Procedures have been set up to meet all of your beverage needs at the Mankato Golf Club clubhouse and throughout the course in a responsible manner.
- Please do not arrive at the club more than 30 minutes before your assigned tee time.
- Social distancing (6 feet apart) is of utmost importance.
- There will be staff to guide players to their golf carts but the players MUST handle their own golf bags at all times.
- There will be two golf carts assigned per group with 2 or 3 bags (five-some) allowed per cart. For each cart there can only be ONE assigned driver per cart and that person MUST be the only driver of the cart for the entire round. Other players are REQUIRED to walk. The only exception is if two players reside in the same home – they may ride 2 to a cart. Note: be sure to maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times including when players retrieve clubs from their golf bags.
- The practice range is open to players as a brief warm up before your round. Stations are positioned at least 6 feet apart and crates MAY NOT be moved. We ask that you knock balls out of the crates with your golf club. For the sake of no contact with the golf balls or crates, tees are not allowed for use on the range for any clubs.
- Hand sanitizer is located around the facilities and course for your use.
- All rakes, water coolers and ball washers have been removed from the golf course.
- Flagsticks are cleaned and disinfected regularly by staff. YOU SHOULD NOT TOUCH THEM. All of our cups will be upside down enabling you to get the ball out without touching the flagstick or cup.
- The Golf Shop is open to a maximum of four people at a time. Look for the GREEN (come on in) or RED (please wait for a person to leave before entering) signs on the Golf Shop Door.
- No congregating is allowed in and around the clubhouse or parking lot before or after your round.
- Only soft spikes or tennis shoes are allowed on the course and collared shirts must be worn.
If you have any questions about registration, the day of the event, want to learn more about sponsorship opportunities available, or donate an item for our auctions or raffle, please contact Bethany’s director of athletics, Don Westphal, or manager of alumni relations, Jake Krier.