The new Bethany Activity Center will provides spaces for a variety of uses for the entire student body and Bethany community. The facility houses a six-lane track, jumping spaces, artificial turf infield, and drop down netting to divide the space for multiple user groups and purposes at the same time.
Learn more and support the Building Bethany Campaign.
Inquires about use of spaces and rentals can be directed to Nick Neubauer.
- 38 workout stations
- 2 upright bikes
- 4 treadmills
- 4 ellipticals
- 2 step mill machines
- 2 stryker treadmills
- 2 air runner treadmills
- Row machine
- Shoulder, chest, and leg press machines
- Pec fly and rear delt, leg extension, leg curl, bicep and tricep machines
- Free weight area
- Smith machine
- Can hold up to 104 people sitting for food
- Kitchen prep area for catering events
- 68,000 sq ft space
- 6 lane – 200 meter track
- 8 lane – 60 meter straight away
- 4 jumping pits
- Pole vault and high jump area
- Steeple chase pit
- Turf field within the track
- Designed for baseball and softball ‘feel’ 2-inch height
- Two 80 foot long batting cages
- Infield play area for baseball and softball with fixed base pads that are removable
- Athletic training room
Bethany Activity Center Hours
The Bethany Activity Center is not open to the public, except as part of a scheduled activity. Please see the Bethany Activity Center Policies below, or contact Nick Neubauer for more information.
Academic Year Hours:
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Fob Access after 5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. –2 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
Bethany Activity Center Policies
General Building Rules
- Only members of the BLC community (employees and their immediate family, and current students) and contract users are allowed in the building. General public or outside guests are not permitted in the building.
- All contract users must submit a liability waiver prior to facility use or activity
- Food and drinks are permitted in the alumni lounge only. Water is allowed in the fitness room, locker room, and the track and turf area of the facility
- Facility staff and coaches are the only people permitted to operate the netting and lighting system
- Individuals in high school, and under the age of 18, must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Balls shall not be kicked, thrown, or hit against the building walls
- Report malfunctions, spills, broken equipment, etc. to the staff
- Bethany Lutheran College is not responsible for any lost or stolen items
- Shirts must be worn at all times
- No foul language
- Lift or carry (do not drag) furniture, sporting equipment and goals on the floor in the facility
Assumption of Risk – All users of the facility certify that they…
- Are physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained themselves to use any equipment and/or running track and track related activities, as well as participation in any activity located within the Bethany Activity Center and surrounding grounds.
- Have not been advised to not use any equipment and/or running track and track related activities as well as participating in any/all activities associated with the use of the Bethany Activity Center and surrounding grounds by a qualified medical professional.
- Have no health-related reasons or problems which preclude their participation in and/or use of any equipment and/or space within the Bethany Activity Center and surrounding grounds.
- Acknowledge that using any portion of the Bethany Activity Center and surrounding grounds may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits, and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participant(s), any equipment, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including.
Workout Facility Rules
- Wipe down equipment after each use
- All equipment, including dumbbells, benches, and mats, must be returned to its original position/place after use
- You are encouraged to limit use of any one piece of cardiovascular equipment to 30 minutes when facility is crowded and other people are waiting
- No open-toed shoes or sandals when working out
- No personal cameras or photography are allowed in the workout facility
- Dumbbell use is limited to one set of dumbbells at a time
- No equipment is to be taken out of the workout facility
- Do not drop dumbbells or plates on the floor
- Lanes 1-3 are for running
- Lanes 4-6 are for walking
- Run and/or walk counterclockwise on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday
- Run and/or walk clockwise on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Bicycles, roller blades, skates and skateboards are not allowed
- Except for the Bethany Track and Field team, rubber cleats are not allowed on the track.
- No food or drink besides water allowed on the turf
- No spitting on the turf area
- No metal cleats are permitted on the turf
- Rubber cleats, sneakers, running shoes or turf shoes are all acceptable
Completed Bethany Activity Center in June 2023:
July 2022 progress update:
April 2022 progress update:
Architectural rendering of facility and grounds, October 2021:
Groundbreaking Ceremony Quick Recap:
Groundbreaking Ceremony, Full Video, November 9, 2021: