Prof. Amanda M. Quist is an Assistant Professor in the Graphic Design department.
EducationM.F.A. in Motion Media Design, Savannah College of Art and Design
- Graphic Design
- Motion Design
- Interactive Design
- Content Development
Professional BackgroundAmanda is an award-winning designer with several years of experience in print, interactive, and motion media. She has also worked as an administrator, writer, content developer, and exhibiting artist. An article written by Amanda was recently published in Animation, an interdisciplinary journal that covers animation, film, and media studies (by SAGE Publications).
ResearchQuist, Amanda M., Developing Expressive Animorphs Animation: An Interdisciplinary Journal, March 2017; 12 (1) Developing Expressive Animorphs provides a critical systematization of the morph in animation (ani-morph). This taxonomical framework reveals the ways in which the ani-morph has developed stylistically since its invention, and is ultimately instructive in predicting the future of the photo-real or digital morph.
Additional Campus ResponsibilitiesAmanda is the director of programming for the international Speechless Film Festival. The mission of this event is to foster cross-cultural engagement through the celebration of visual storytelling, a creative endeavor rooted deeply in the history of cinema. Amanda actively maintains the media arts portfolio and blog.
- 1st Place in 3D Motion Design, SCAD Comotion Showcase, Ga., 2014
- 1st Place in Show Package, SCAD Comotion Showcase, Ga., 2014
- 2nd Place in Logo Animation, SCAD Comotion Showcase, Ga., 2014
- 2nd Place in Kinetic Typography, SCAD Comotion Showcase, Ga., 2014
- 3rd Place in Commercial, SCAD Comotion Showcase, Ga., 2014
- Bronze Award, Service Industry Advertising Awards, Ga., 2010
- Merit Award, Service Industry Advertising Awards, Ga., 2010
- Purchase Award, Bethany Lutheran College Studio Art Department, Minn., 2010
Amanda Quist has recently taught the following courses:
- 2D Foundations
- Art History III Impressionism to Contemporary
- Graphic Design I: Tools and Vocabulary
- Graphic Design I:Tools, Methodology, and Vocabulary
- Professional Practices Seminar
- Graphic Design IV: Design forMultimedia
- Art Theory and Criticism
- Contemporary Issues in Art
- Visual Communication
- Graphic Design Senior Project/Capstone - Part One
- Graphic Design Senior Exhibition
- Introduction to Animation
- Motion Graphics Design
- Motion Graphics 2