Associate Professor – Studio Art Department
Jason J. Jaspersen is an Associate Professor in the Studio Art department.
EducationM.S., Experiential Education (Minnesota State University) B.F.A., Studio Art (Minnesota State University)
- Exploring apprenticeship models for experiential art education.
- Versatile creative specialties include bronze casting, direct plaster sculpting, oil painting, sumi ink painting, woodblock printing, bookbinding, digital illustration techniques, video production, and sand animation.
Professional BackgroundInstructing and mentoring in areas of studio art, drama, and publications. Fulfilled over 100 commissioned monumental and architectural sculptures, oil paintings, murals, illustrations, animations, and hand-pulled prints. Extensive experience collaborating on creative projects with publishers, consultants, fabricators, architects, and other contractors.
ResearchApplying Experiential Educational practices to Art Education. Developing models for Liturgical Art training.
Books"A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" - Illustrations- Kloria Publishing, "Stars in the Sky" - Illustrations - Wise Ink Creative Publishers
Selected Articles and ChaptersRegular contributor to the Hearts & Hands Podcast. Writer/host of "The Process" television series.
Additional Campus ResponsibilitiesExhibitions Coordinator
AwardsSelected for The Saint John’s Pottery Jerome Foundation Emerging Artist Program. Various juried awards. Award-winning artist featured in various solo and group exhibitions. Featured in various print and web publications.
Jason Jaspersen has recently taught the following courses:
- Art History I Prehistory to the Gothic Period
- Art History II Renaissance to Realism
- Painting I
- Painting I: Watercolor and Ink
- Sculpture I
- 3D Foundations
- Painting II: Still Life
- Sculpture II: Casting
- Professional Practices Seminar
- Painting III
- Sculpture III
- Sculpture III: Carving
- Painting IV: Landscape
- Sculpture IV