Prof. Kurt W. Paulsen is an Associate Professor - Communication in the Communication department.
- M.F.A. in Motion Media Design, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA. Thesis: Blended Learning for Motion Media Designers
- M.A. in Broadcast Design and Motion Graphics, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA.
- B.A. in Communication, Summa Cum Laude, Bethany Lutheran College, Mankato MN. Graduate of 2005. Emphasis on Video Production.
- A.A. in Digital Video Arts, Minneapolis Community and Technical College. Graduate of 2003. Emphasis on post-production.
- Instructor (2005-Present), Bethany Lutheran College
- Videographer/Editor (2005), James Tower
- Media Specialist (2003-2005), Bethany Lutheran College
- Instructor (2004-2005), Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Finalist, 25th Annual Telly Awards, “Bethany Hockey Commercial”
- 2nd Place, 7th Annual International MGA Awards, “The Skylands of VanMorse”
- 2nd Place, Festival of Media Arts, BEA, “The Skylands of VanMorse”
- Award of Distinction,The Videographer Awards, “The Skylands of VanMorse”
- Member of Broadcast Education Association
- Member of Promax/BDA Creative Educators Forum
Computer Skills/InterestsTrained on Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple DVD Studio Pro, Maxon Cinema 4D, Dragon Stop Motion. Comfortable in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Animation (2D, 3D, and Stop Motion)
- Advanced Cinematography
- Experimental Film
- Film History
ResearchBlended Learning Methods for Motion Media Design Instruction, Nov. 2010
Kurt Paulsen has recently taught the following courses:
- Visual Communication
- Images on Film
- Communication Internship
- Audio Video Production Basics
- Audio/Video Production
- Advanced Audio/Video Production
- Motion Graphic Design
- Editing for Film and Video
- Avant Garde/Experimental Film
- Topic: Stop Motion Animation
- Topics: Music Video Production
- Topics: Stop Motion
- Video Production for Business
- Media Arts Capstone I
- Media Arts Capstone II - Capstone Exhibition
- Media Arts Capstone II - Exhibition
- Media Arts Internship
- Media Arts Independent Study