PLUM stands for Parliamentary League of the Upper Midwest. Currently, PLUMs are in flux due to COVID. Please check for more information later. PLUMs are an excellent way to refine debate skills and have fun doing it.
2019-2020 Tournament Invitations
- PLUM #1 Invitation October 1, 2019
- PLUM #2 Invitation October 15, 2019
- PLUM #3 Invitation November 12, 2019
- PLUM #4 Invitation February 4, 2020
- PLUM #5 Invitation March 3, 2020
Each PLUM includes:
- 3 preliminary rounds with 2 eliminations rounds (Phi Rho Pi style)
- The Round 3 resolution will be a case study
- Tournaments begin at 2 pm and end around 9 pm
- Debaters’ evening meal is included in their tournament fees
- All teams with winning records will advance to the elimination rounds
- Attractive personalized and framed awards will be given to all breaking teams and the top five speakers in the tournament
- Season long school awards and individual speaker awards will be given at the end of the PLUM season.
- 1:30 – Registration (Honsey Hall 200)
- 2:00 – Round 1
- 3:15 – Round 2
- 4:30 – Round 3 (power matched)
- 5:30 – Evening meal in the Bethany Dining Center
- 6:30 – Bronze round
- 7:45 – Gold round
- 8:50 – Awards
Click on the links below to view or download PDFs with results from PLUM tournaments.