The BLC Education Department is now offering online learning modules for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) relevant to licensure renewal.
In order to maintain their licensure in Minnesota, teachers must complete and submit verification of 125 clock hours (Tier 4 renewal), including all mandatory requirements in effect at the time of renewal within the five years immediately preceding renewal. The modules listed below have been developed in alignment with Bethany Lutheran College’s mission and the education program outcomes to provide teachers appropriate learning and reflective evidence of learning for continuing clock hours.
The cost for the modules is: $30 per single module or $150 for a selection of 6 modules. Payment should be made via:
- Online payment for Education Licensure Renewal Modules OR
- Via check which should be mailed to:
Bethany Lutheran College
700 Luther Drive
Mankato, MN 56001
Complete this form to register for specific modules. Upon receipt of payment, you will be notified of your enrollment in the module(s) and you will have one year to complete viewing and submission of post webinar activity. Once feedback has been provided for the activity, a certificate of clock hours will be sent to the email provided on the registration form.
Bethany Lutheran College has worked to ensure that the modules meet the requirements listed on the PELSB Renewal website. However, acceptance of the modules for licensure renewal is up to the sponsoring Minnesota District. You are encouraged to share the syllabus for the module with your continuing education board prior to registration IF you have concerns on approval. The syllabi are linked here:
- Brain Based Reading Instruction (Reading)
- Supporting Multilingual Learners in the Content Areas (English Language Learner)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching (Cultural Competency)
- Behavior Functions and Interventions (Behavior Interventions)
- How to Differentiate a Lesson Plan (Modification, Adaptation of Curriculum Materials, and Strategies)
- Suicide Prevention: Warning Signs & Staff Response (Mental Illness Suicide Prevention):