Major Fast Facts
- Usually each major is between 36 and 45 credits, at least 18 of which are from upper division courses.
- A minor has a minimum of 18 credits, at least six are from upper division courses.
- Most courses are three credits.
- Generally, the credit value equals the number of hours each week that the class meets.
- Many majors have areas of emphasis for targeted study.
- In select majors, students may earn secondary teaching licensure from the State of Minnesota.
- Majors are designed to be completed within four years or less for those who bring in college credit.
- American Studies Mm
- Arts Administration Mm
- Art Education Mt
- Art History m
- Biochemistry M
- Biology Mm
- Business Administration Mm
- Chemistry Mm
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling G
- Communication Mm
- Comm. Arts & Literature Ed. Mt
- Communication Disorders m
- Computer Science M
- Criminal Justice M
- Educational Studies M
- Elementary Education Mt
- Engineering Sciences M
- English Mmt
- Exercise Science Mmt
- Global and Cross Cultural Studies m
- Graphic Design Mm
- Health Communication Mm
- History Mm
- Information Systems m
- Interdisciplinary Studies M
- Legal Studies Mm
- Mathematics Mmt
- Mathematics Education Mt
- Media Arts M
- Military Science and Leadership m
- Music Mm
- Nursing M
- Paralegal c
- Philosophy m
- Physical and Health EducationMt
- Psychology Mm
- Religion Mm
- Social Studies Mm
- Social Studies EducationMt
- Sociology m
- Spanish Mm
- Special Education Mmt
- Studio Art Mmt
- Theatre Mm
Bethany offers a number of pre-professional programs that prepare students for further study in the following areas:
If you have questions about program requirements, please contact the Registrar or faculty listed on the individual program page. Current students should contact their academic advisor for help choosing a major.
Bethany is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
See the full course list or browse by academic department
Bethany’s 27 major programs lead to a bachelor of arts (B.A.) degree, or for the nursing major, a bachelor of science in nursing (B.S.N.) degree. Seven additional minors are offered. Consider the programs listed below as combinations to fulfill any area of study. For instance, Bethany alum have successful careers in advertising and marketing. They utilized some major or minor combination of business, media arts or communications to pursue their interests.
What can I expect as a Bethany student?
John Brown ’19
Bethany Major: Exercise Science Graduate School: University of Mary doctorate program; physical therapy track with estimated graduation date in 2023.
Shelby Latusek ’14
Bethany Major: Elementary Education Employment: Second grade teacher at Zumbrota-Mazeppa Primary School What you do: I teach the second grade
Lydia Scruggs ’19
Bethany Major: Elementary Education Employment: Sixth Grade Teacher at Hills Beaver Creek Elementary School What you do: As a teacher,
Interested in studying at Bethany? Scheduling a campus visit is a great way to see what we have to offer. You can meet professors or sit in on a class too! Contact our admissions office to learn more.