Major Fast Facts
- Bethany currently offers 51 programs, including majors, minors, licensures, graduate studies, and pre-professional programs.
- Each major is typically comprised of 36 to 45 credits, at least 18 of which are from upper division courses.
- A minor has a minimum of 18 credits, at least six are from upper division courses.
- Most courses are three credits.
- Generally, the credit value equals the number of hours each week that the class meets.
- Many majors have areas of emphasis for targeted study.
- In select majors, students may earn secondary teaching licensure from the State of Minnesota.
- Majors are designed to be completed within four years, or less than four for those who bring in college credit.
If you have questions about program requirements, please contact the Registrar or faculty listed on the individual program page. Current students should contact their academic advisor for help choosing a major.
Bethany’s 35 major programs lead to a bachelor of arts (B.A.) degree, or for the nursing major, a bachelor of science in nursing (B.S.N.) degree. Also consider the programs listed above as combinations to fulfill any area of study. For instance, Bethany alumni have successful careers in advertising and marketing where they utilized some major or minor combination of business, media arts or communications to pursue their interests.