The Global and Cross Cultural Studies Minor requires:
Core Introductory Courses – Choose one (3 credits)
Global Perspective – choose one (3 credits)
- ECON330 International Economics 3 cr.
- HIST122 Modern World Civilizations 3 cr.
- HIST380 Topics in World History 3 cr.
- HIST385 Western Legal Traditions 3 cr.
- PLSC106 World Politics 3 cr.
The Arts – Choose One (3 Credits)
Foreign Language (8 credits or placement/waiver):
- One full year (two semesters –8 credits) of International Language for students with less than two years completed in high school. If two years of language were completed in high school, a placement test can be taken for correct course placement and potentially 4-8 credits waived, depending on placement. Students who have completed three years of language in high school will have the language requirement waived.
Cross-Cultural Comparisons (3 Credits)
- COMM389 Intercultural Communication 3 cr.
- HIST370 Imperialism and Globalization 3 cr.
- PSYC270 Gender 3 cr.
World Religions – Choose One (3 Credits):
- RELG316 Comparative World Religions 4 cr.
- RELG350 Islam 3 cr.
- RELG425 Eastern Religion/Spirituality in America 3 cr.
- SOCL345 Religion and Society 3 cr.
U.S. Diversity – Choose One (3 Credits):
- ENGL335 African-American Literature 3 cr.
- HIST450 Civil Rights Movement 3 cr.
- HIST460 Religion in American History 3 cr.
- HIST405 Native American History 3 cr.
- SOCL330 American Minorities 3 cr.
Cross-Cultural Experience – Choose one (3 credits):
- Study Abroad
- International or domestic cross-cultural travel course
- Guided internship in a cross-cultural setting