The minor in military science and leadership is available exclusively to students participating in the U.S. Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corp (ROTC) program. Coursework integrates military leadership skills with principles of American government and the history of warfare, preparing cadets for future service to their nation as military officers. The minor consists of 21 credits distributed as follows:
Required lower division courses:
Required upper division courses:
- MILS301 Training Management and the Warfighting Function 3 cr.
- MILS302 Applied Leadership in Small Unit Operations 3 cr.
- MILS366 Advanced Camp 3 cr.
- MILS401 The Army Officer 3 cr.
- MILS402 Company Grade Leadership 3 cr.
- MILS403 Application of Physical Conditioning 1 cr.
One of the following: