Priority application deadline: April 15
Please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application will be available after October 1 of the year prior to when you will receive financial aid.
Bethany Lutheran College Federal School Code: 002337
Bethany Lutheran College recommends that you apply online for faster processing. You will need to:
- Create your own personal FSA ID (username and password) to complete and sign your FAFSA. Both student and parent (if student is dependent) will need a unique FSA ID.
- You will use prior prior year income. For the 2023-2024 FAFSA you will use 2021 income and tax data.
- The FAFSA includes multiple steps and should be completed as soon as possible after October 1st of the year prior to when you will receive financial aid.
- Using the IRS Data Retrieval process is recommended to minimize the chance that your application is selected for verification. The IRS Data Retrieval process is available approximately two weeks after you electronically submit your federal income tax return and 6–8 weeks after mailing a paper federal tax return. By using the IRS Data Retrieval tool, income information will transfer directly from the IRS database to your FAFSA.
- If you choose not to apply online, you can request a paper FAFSA by calling (800) 433-3243.
- Include the Federal School Codes of all educational institutions to which you have applied for admission on your application. Bethany’s School Code is 002337.
The Federal Student Aid Central Processor chooses a percentage of FAFSAs for a review process called verification. Verification requires that we confirm that the information that you submitted on your FAFSA is complete and accurate. If your application is chosen, we will contact you with instructions on how to complete the verification process.
Special Financial Circumstances
We understand that there are situations that impact family finances and are not reflected on the FAFSA. Please review the form below to determine if your situation qualifies for a financial aid eligibility review:
Receiving your Financial Aid Offer
First year students will receive a detailed financial aid offer in the mail as well as an email. Please follow all of the directions to ensure timely application and disbursements of your financial aid.
Returning students will be notified via email when their financial aid offer is available for review. Instructions on how to accept your financial aid will be included in the email.
If your financial aid package includes a loan, you may need to complete additional steps as outlined on our loans page. For certain types of loans, you are required to complete entrance counseling, which ensures that you understand your rights and responsibilities as a borrower. Upon graduation (or leaving school or entering less-than-half-time academic status), you will be required to complete exit counseling, which prepares you for transferring to another school or entering the repayment phase of your loan.
It is critical that you have your correct permanent address and your correct local address on file with the Registrar’s Office. An incorrect address may cause delays and missed deadlines.
Creating your FSA ID
How to complete a FAFSA
If you need to send documents to the BLC Financial Aid office, please click here:
To upload documents you will need to sign in with your Bethany username and password.
The financial aid processing can be confusing. We’re here to help.