Bethany Lutheran College is committed to making quality higher education affordable. Bethany is a non-profit institution, and generous gifts from our alumni and friends mean that less of the cost of education is borne by students and their families.
Total Direct Annual Cost – 2021-2022
|New student processing fee||$130|
|Total||New students: $36,970|
Returning students: $36,840
|Less financial aid||–varies|
|Average net cost after financial aid||$16,400|
Nearly all Bethany students receive some level of financial aid. The types and amounts of financial aid for which you may be eligible depend on your financial situation, academic standing, and extracurricular interests.
Detailed Expenses and Fees Per Semester, 2021-2022
- Full-time tuition, for students taking 12-18 credits: $13,990.
- Full-time overload tuition, for each course above 18 credits: $395 per credit hour.
- Part-time tuition, for students taking under 12 credits, $1,185 per credit hour.
- Tuition deposit, due 30 days after a student is offered admission to the college and is applied to the student’s first semester tuition payment: $150.
- High School Dual Credit Courses: Tuition varies.
- Senior citizen tuition, for persons age 55 and over. Senior citizens may audit a class at BLC, if room is available, and will be recorded as a BLC student. Cost is $100 per class and includes parking and registration fee, but does not include class fees, books or other required supplies.
Residential Student Fees
- Learn more about our residence halls.
- Standard Room in Anderson, Gullixson, and Teigen Halls: $1920.
- Apartment in Edgewood Place: 2,320 and Larson Hall or Gullixson Hall: $2,170.
- Laundry fee, assessed to all students living on campus and allows unlimited use of the laundry facilities: $30.
- Room deposit, assessed to residential students their first semester to cover the cost of damages to college property, unreturned library books, etc.: $100. The remaining balance of deposit is refunded to the student. The deposit does not earn interest.
- Learn more about meal plans.
- Unlimited Meal Plan: $2,140 – This plan gives students continuous access to the Dining Center during the hours of operation. This plan is required for all residential students who live in a standard room. It is also available to students in on-campus apartments and non-resident students.
- Five Meal Per Week Plan: $700 – This plan gives students five meals per week, approximately 88 meals per semester. It is also available to non-resident students and to resident students who live in on-campus apartments. This plan is not available to resident students who live in a standard room.
General Fees and Costs
- Processing Fee, assessed to all students their first term on campus and covers the cost of Registrar expenses including all transcripts and fees: $130.
- Student Fee, which covers Student Senate campus activities, fine arts and sporting events, health services, counseling services, student publications (other than yearbooks), student lounge use, and computer lab use: $340.
- Textbooks and course materials: cost varies. Most courses require a textbook but do not have additional required materials or fees.
- Music Lesson Fee, for individual 30-minute weekly lessons for instrumental, organ, piano and voice: $350. Subject to availability on consultation with the music department.
- Parking Permit Annual Fee, $130 for residential students or $65 for non-resident students. Required to park a single vehicle on campus. This fee cannot be charged to the student’s account and must be paid at the Business Office. See Campus Parking Guide for more informatio
Need more information on tuition and fees or financial aid? We’re happy to hear from you!