Bethany participates in the State of Minnesota’s Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program which provides high school Juniors and Seniors an opportunity to enroll full- or part-time in college courses without charge for books or tuition if space is available. Starting your education at Bethany through our PSEO program ensures a strong foundation and a smooth transition into your major after high school graduation.
As a PSEO student at Bethany, students can attend on a full- or part-time basis for either the fall or spring term. PSEO students may enroll in 100- or 200-level academic courses only from the approved list of PSEO courses. Students are limited to 14 credits. Less than 12 credits is considered part-time. Students may take classes on campus, online (if available), or a combination.
PSEO Program Requirements:
- Junior or Senior in high school (Freshmen and Sophomores are not eligible)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale)
- A minimum composite ACT of 23
All PSEO applicants must submit as part of the application process:
- Application for Admission *application essay not required but is encouraged
- Official High School Transcript
- ACT/SAT scores
- A letter of recommendation (one of which is from your high school guidance counselor)
- Complete and submit a PSEO state form (contact your high school counselor)
- Online Learner Contract (only required of students taking classes online)
- Campus Visit (required if taking classes on campus, encouraged for online students)
The application deadline is July 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for Spring semester. Students should complete the application process in the semester prior to planned enrollment. Apply online.
For more information about the Post Secondary Enrollment Options program (sometimes also known as post-op or PSEOP) at Bethany Lutheran College please contact the Admissions Office.