Bethany welcomes applications from students who have already completed college-level coursework. We work individually with students to ensure that the transfer process is as smooth as possible.
- Browse Majors and Minors to find the right program for you.
- Come to an Open House to see our beautiful campus in person.
- Read below for details on transferring credits, available scholarships, and next steps.
- Contact our Transfer Specialist Reece Boucher for questions, or request more information about Bethany.
Receive quick feedback now on how your credits are likely to transfer in with the Transfer Evaluation System (TES). Once a complete application is submitted, transcripts will be evaluated by the Registrar’s Office taking up to 15 business days. Receive a fast informal review of credits from Transfer Specialist Reece Boucher; however, the Registrar’s Office will have the final authority as to the transferability of a course.
The TES online system is constantly being updated as transfers take place from new colleges and academic programs. While the info is fast and usually accurate, transfer policies are subject to change. Contact Transfer Specialist if your school is not listed or if you have any questions about your unique situation.
- A grade of “C” or higher is required for courses to transfer
- Only courses completed at a regionally accredited institution are considered for transfer
- Remedial courses are not accepted for transfer
- Courses must be comparable to courses offered at Bethany, and/or apply to a general education or academic major requirement to be accepted in transfer
- Grades and grade point averages do not transfer to Bethany; only course credits
- A maximum of 65 semester lower-division credits will be accepted in transfer.
- Bethany Transfer Grant: $10,500 – GPA of at least 3.0 and at least one year of college
- Luther Transfer Scholarship: $12,000 – GPA of at least 3.0 with 65 credits or an Associate’s Degree
- Presidential Transfer Scholarship: $13,000 – GPA of at least 3.5 with 65 credits or an Associate’s Degree
A transfer student is an applicant who graduated from high school and has previously enrolled at another post-secondary institution. All transfer students must meet or exceed the following requirements for Admission:
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.0
- Successful completion of at least 70% of all attempted college coursework
The following items must be submitted when applying to Bethany Lutheran College:
- Application for Admission
- Official copies of transcripts from ALL previous colleges attended
- Deans Recommendation form (available on your Bethany Admissions VIP page)
- Students who have completed less than 30 semester credits will need to submit their high school transcripts and ACT scores.
Requirements for a B.A. Degree at Bethany:
- Fulfill Bethany’s general education requirements
- Complete a specific major’s credit requirement
- Achieve an overall GPA minimum of 2.0, possibly higher due to specific major requirements
- complete Religious Studies courses requirement as prescribed by the total number of credits transferred in
- complete the senior year (at least 33 semester credits) at Bethany