Bethany welcomes applications from students who have already completed college-level coursework. We work individually with students to ensure that the transfer process is smooth. Bethany students have found that more credits transfer from their public college into Bethany than is transferable from local two year colleges to public four year colleges.
Credits transfer smoothly from an Associates of Arts Degree or Minnesota Transfer Curriculum, MnTC.
- Browse Majors and Minors to find the right program for you.
- Come to an Open House to see our beautiful campus in person.
- Read below for details on transferring credits, available scholarships, and next steps.
- Contact our Transfer Specialist Ben Petzel for questions, or request more information about Bethany.
Receive quick feedback now on how your credits are likely to transfer in with the Transfer Evaluation System (TES). Once a complete application is submitted, transcripts will be evaluated by the Registrar’s Office taking up to 15 business days. Receive a fast informal review of credits from Transfer Specialist Ben Petzel; however, the Registrar’s Office will have the final authority as to the transferability of a course.
The TES online system is constantly being updated as transfers take place from new colleges and academic programs. While the info is fast and usually accurate, transfer policies are subject to change. Contact Transfer Specialist if your school is not listed or if you have any questions about your unique situation.
- A grade of “C” or higher is required for courses to transfer
- Only courses completed at a regionally accredited institution are considered for transfer
- Remedial courses are not accepted for transfer
- Courses must be comparable to courses offered at Bethany, and/or apply to a general education or academic major requirement to be accepted in transfer
- Grades and grade point averages do not transfer to Bethany; only course credits
- A maximum of 65 semester lower-division credits will be accepted in transfer.
- Bethany Transfer Grant: $10,500 – GPA of at least 3.0 and at least one year of college
- Luther Transfer Scholarship: $12,000 – GPA of at least 3.0 with 65 credits or an Associate’s Degree
- Presidential Transfer Scholarship: $13,000 – GPA of at least 3.5 with 65 credits or an Associate’s Degree
*Students receiving academic scholarships are leaders on campus. Those choosing to live off campus may have their scholarships reduced by up to $2,000.
Complete these steps through your Bethany VIP Page:
- Pay tuition deposit
- Upload housing form (must be completed whether or not you plan to live on campus)
- Apply for Financial Aid
A transfer student is an applicant who graduated from high school and has previously enrolled at another post-secondary institution. All transfer students must meet or exceed the following requirements for Admission:
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.0
- Successful completion of at least 70% of all attempted college coursework
The following items must be submitted when applying to Bethany Lutheran College:
- Application for Admission
- Official copies of transcripts from ALL previous colleges attended
- Deans Recommendation form (available on your Bethany Admissions VIP page)
- Students who have completed less than 30 semester credits will need to submit their high school transcripts and ACT scores.
Requirements for a B.A. Degree at Bethany:
- Fulfill Bethany’s general education requirements
- Complete a specific major’s credit requirement
- Achieve an overall GPA minimum of 2.0, possibly higher due to specific major requirements
- complete Religious Studies courses requirement as prescribed by the total number of credits transferred in
- complete the senior year (at least 33 semester credits) at Bethany
Transferring in with an A.A. Degree:
- If you have completed an A.A. degree, all general education requirements will be considered complete, with the exception of some religion courses.
Transferring in with Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC):
- Depending on the courses taken, successful completion of the MnTC can meet up to 90% of BLC’s General Education Core Requirements.
- Refer to Bethany’s General Education & MnTC document and the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) for more information on how your credits may transfer.
- Psychology students coming from Community Colleges benefit from a detailed transfer pathway described in these examples from Ridgewater Community College and Riverland Community College.