The Bjarne W. Teigen Reformation Lectures are an annual tradition at Bethany Lutheran College. Each October, guest speakers deliver lectures on topics related to the Lutheran Reformation. Students, pastors from around the region, and others attend the informative series.
2019: “Lutheran Preaching through the Centuries”
Preaching in the Reformation
– Dr. Paul Robinson, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, MO
Preaching in the Nineteenth Century
– Dr. Thomas Kuster, Bethany Lutheran Theological Seminary, Mankato, MN
—Pres. Emeritus Paul Wendland, Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, Mequon, WI
The lectures will take place at Bethany Lutheran College, S. C. Ylvisaker Fine Arts Center, Mankato, Minnesota, beginning October 31 at 10:30 a.m. These lectures delve into the Reformation heritage with presentations on the history and theology of Lutheranism with application to the teaching and practice in the Lutheran church today. The lectures are presented in free conference format.
Past Year Lectures
Evangelical Lutheran Synod: Three Perspectives
- ELS: A WELS Perspective—Dr. John Brenner
- ELS: An LCMS Perspective—Dr. Lawrence Rast
- ELS: An Introspective—Rev. Craig Ferkenstad