For those seeking personal counseling, Bethany Lutheran College partners with Christian Family Solutions, who maintains an on-campus counseling center (Luther Hall 207) with scheduled office hours. WLCFS provides a wide range of counseling, assessment and psychological testing services. All of the professional mental health therapists at the BLC on-campus clinic are licensed by the state of MN.
Christian Family Solutions will work with Bethany students to determine the best route for delivering services in a cost effective manner. The cost for an initial set of 3 hours is covered by Bethany Lutheran College, at no charge to the student (through the BLC Membership Assistance Program). If additional counseling services are needed after the 3rd session, there are several options to pay for continued services:
- Students will submit claims through their health insurance provider. The staff at Christian Family Solutions will work with the student to determine the best options for submitting health insurance claims. Christian Family Solutions counselors are in most major insurance networks.
- Students can pay privately with a Prompt Pay discount. This discount allows students to receive 50%-60% off the cost of all clinical services.
- Students who pay privately but need financial assistance may submit a request for financial assistance form, which can be found at ChristianFamilySolutions.org. Please visit with your counselor for details.
Students who already have a working relationship with a counselor, may consider continuing with their current arrangement, as often a consistent and established support network proves beneficial in successfully navigating college life.
Common areas of concern for personal counseling include:
- Alcohol Problems
- Illicit Drug Use
- Cutting/Self Harm
- Relationship Issues
- Eating Disorders/Body Image
- Sexuality/Sexual Assault/Abuse
- Stress Management
- Suicide or Suicidal Behavior
Christian Family Solutions counselors can be requested requested online or by calling 800-438-1772. The on-campus counseling center is located in Luther Hall, Suite 207, or if you prefer, you can also meet with one of the counselors from Christian Family Solutions at their off-campus clinic in Mankato located at 421 East Hickory Street in Suite 402.
Crisis Information / Emergency
Should you have an emergency, go to your hospital emergency room or call 911. (From campus phones, call 9-911.) Should you need to talk to someone right away, the following crisis lines are available 24 hours a day:
- Christian Family Solutions: 800-438-1772
- Blue Earth County Mental Health Center: 507-389-8319
- Minnesota Crisis Connection: 866-379-6363
Additional Counseling Resources
Footnotes Family Counseling Services
Christian counseling in Mankato, specializing in relationship issues, marriage, pre-marriage, anxiety, and trauma recovery. Experience with suicide prevention. email@example.com; 507-351-8799
- American Psychological Association (APA) – This site provides recent mental health research information.
- CHADD.org – This is the website for the organization Children and Adults with Attention/Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance – Definitions of depression and bipolar disorder, advocacy and clinical trial information.
- International Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Foundation – Mission to educate the public and professional communities about OCD assistance.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – A nonprofit, grassroots, self-help, support and advocacy organization.
- National Center for Learning Disabilities – Helpful definitions of learning disabilities and success tips for adults with learning disabilities.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) – Information for clients, clinicians, and researchers on many mental health concerns.
- Physician’s Desk Reference – Information on various treatment approaches to depression.
- San Diego State University Research Foundation – An anonymous alcohol assessment and feedback tool for alcohol and marijuana intervention.
- Web M.D. – Information on a specific medication.