Express Care is a walk-in clinic on campus that provides treatment for minor medical conditions.
New Temporary Location: Tweit Hall rooms 107 to 111.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:45 – 9:45 a.m. when classes are in session.
Appointments: Schedule your appointment on the sign-in sheet. Appointments are available every 15 minutes, with the last appointment at 9:45 a.m.
Cost: There is no charge for students as clinic costs are covered through student fees. Prescriptions, over-the-counter medications and other ancillary materials are not included. Visits to off-campus Mayo Clinic Health System Express Care locations are subject to co-pays and charges based on your individual health plan coverage.
Contact: Call 507-344-7511 if you have questions about our services.
Patient Online Services
You don’t need to be a Mayo Clinic Health System patient to access Express Care. However, when you’re seen at the on-campus clinic, you’ll become a Mayo Clinic Health System patient with access to Patient Online Services. This secure, online portal allows you to view your medical information, request prescription refills and more.
Recommended Health Care Facilities
- Mayo Clinic Health System Urgent Care (507-594-7000), 101 Martin Luther King Drive, Mankato
- Mankato Clinic Urgent Care (507-625-7684) 1809 Adams St., Mankato
- Open Door Health Center (507-388-2120) located at 309 Holly Lane, behind the Belle Mar Mall.
- Mayo Clinic Health System (507-594-4700) offers family medicine and specialty care in the Mankato area
- Mankato Clinic (507-625-7684), 1230 E. Main St., offers family medicine and specialty care, adjoining Mayo Clinic Health System hospital in Mankato
Emergency: Call 911, or call 9-911 from campus phone. The Emergency Department at Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato is located a few blocks east of the college on Marsh Street.
The State of Minnesota does not require you to be vaccinated against Hepatitis A, B, C, or Meningitis, but does require colleges to provide information about these diseases and their vaccinations. Students are encouraged to visit with their personal doctor or health care professional.
Medical and Dental Insurance and Bills
The college carries no medical or dental insurance for its students and is not liable for medical or dental bills. The college does not endorse any particular insurance provider, but brochures for third-party insurance plans are available from the business office for students who may not currently have health insurance coverage.
Your Care Team
Services and Treatments Provided
The following services are available:
- Athlete’s foot
- Bladder infection
- Cold sore
- Deer tick bite
- Ear wash
- Flu/influenza (test, diagnosis, treatment)
- Insect bite/sting
- Mental health/anxiety/depression
- Minor burn
- Minor skin infection
- Mono test
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Pregnancy test
- Respiratory illness/cold
- Sinus symptom/infection
- Sore throat
- Strep test
- Vaccines – basic
- Vomiting and diarrhea