- This event has passed.
Fall Festival/Homecoming 2019
September 20, 2019 - September 23, 2019
Join us during the weekend of September 20–22, 2019, for the Bethany Fall Festival–A Homecoming Weekend. This event includes activities for all ages and alumni reunions. Celebrating anniversary years of alumni with a ending number of “4” or “9” in their class year. All alumni and friends are invited to be part of the weekend. Enjoy athletic contests, live music, and more!
Friday, September 20
- Chapel Service – Trinity Chapel – 10 AM
- Bethany Athletic Hall of Fame Banquet – Honsey Hall – 5:30 PM
- Banquet – $20 per person.
- Register by calling Jake Krier at 507-344-7519, or email@example.com.
- Pasta Feed at the BLC Volleyball Game – Sports & Fitness Center – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (or till all the pasta is gone)
- Come and have dinner while watching the Bethany Volleyball Team take on rival, Martin Luther College. Dinner includes pasta, breadstick, and served in a plastic cup to easily bring into the game. Free will offering and all the proceeds go to support the Bethany Cross Country.
- Bethany Volleyball vs Martin Luther College – SFC North Gym – 7:00 PM
Saturday, September 21
- Little Viking 1/2 Mile Fun Run** – Sports & Fitness Center – race starts at 8:30 AM (Check – in at Lobby of SFC between 7:30 AM – 8:15 AM)
- $10 for Children 12 and under (T-shirt included) – Register here
- BLC Viking 5K** – Sports & Fitness Center – race starts at 9:00 AM (Check – in at Lobby of SFC between 7:30 AM – 8:45 AM)
- $40 for Adults, $30 for Alumni, $15 for Students and $10 for Children 12 and under (T-shirt included) – Register here
- Alumni Tent – 9 AM – 3 PM
- Coffee, Donuts, and Cookies available – Alumni Tent – 9 AM – 3 PM
- Bethany Rummage Sale – Alumni Tent – 9 AM – 3 PM
- Show your BLC Pride! Visit the Alumni Tent where you’ll find a large selection of Bethany apparel, swag, and other miscellaneous BLC-branded items. You’re welcome to take what you want but ask that you consider a free will donation for the items you choose. All funds raised through the sale will be directed to the Bethany Fund, supporting Bethany students.
- Alumni Class Reunions (Class meet and greet at 11:15 AM in Honsey Hall)
- Alumni Tent/Honsey Hall – All Day
- Sidewalk Chalk Art – outside Ylivisaker Fine Arts Center (YFAC) – All Day
- Admissions Open House (registration recommended) – Honsey Hall – 9:40 AM
- Bethany Spirit Store Open – Old Main – 10 AM – 3 PM
- Bethany Book Fest – Alumni Tent – 10 AM – 3 PM
- learn more, or purchase books written by authors in the Bethany Family
- If interested in showcasing and selling your books, please email Jessie Fries or call (507) 220-0561. Cost is $25 for a table, and needs to be reserved by Friday, September 13.
- Memorial Library Open – Memorial Library – 10 AM – 5 PM
- BLC Library through the years display
- BLC Archives Display
- Listen to BLC Choir recordings from 1946-1984
- Goetzke Art Collection
- B-Town Drumline Alumni Invitational Performance – Alumni Tent – 11 AM
- Live Music and Entertainment – Alumni Tent
- B-Town Drumline – 11 AM
- Midlife Crisis – 12:15 PM
- Peter Bloedel’s Perpetual Variety Show – 1:30 PM
- Inflatable Games and Children’s Activities – Near Alumni Tent – 10 AM–4 PM
- Tailgating Party/Hog Roast – Alumni Tent – 12 PM
- Bethany Women’s Soccer vs. North Central University – Caswell North (North Mankato) – 1 PM
- Lace Up 4 Pediatric Cancer Game: Initiative to make a difference in the lives of kids battling cancer and their families. Our BLC women soccer players will be wearing gold laces at the game in support of the cause. Go4theGoal
- Concert Band Invitational Performance – Trinity Chapel – 3:15 PM
- Bethany Men’s Soccer vs. North Central University – Caswell North (North Mankato) – 3:30 PM
- Alumni and Friends Reception (Remarks from President Gene Pfeifer) – Honsey Hall – 4 PM
- Alumni and Friends Social – Mankato Brewery – 7-10 PM
- Cash bar, live music, complimentary hors d’oeuvre’s served, and a collectible Bethany tumbler glass for guests to bring home (while supplies last)
- Music during Cocktail Hour provided by Third Reel, which is made up August & Kaitlyn (Bryant) Jeske (’15) and Hank Heyer (’15) – 7-8 PM
- The Divers – 8:15-10 PM
Sunday, September 22
- Worship Service with Bethany Choir – Trinity Chapel – 9 AM
- “Bethany alumni, family, and friends will be invited to join the choir at the end of the service to sing Prof. Fremder’s arrangement of On My Heart Imprint Thine Image.”
- Breakfast at Bethany – Dining Center-Old Main – Following Service
- All you can eat with many options available.
- $6.50 per person; $2.75 – ages 2-6; Free – ages 2 and under (Cash or Check only)
- Faculty Benji Inniger Composition Concert– Trinity Chapel – 4 PM
- Free to attend