- This event has passed.
Hieroglyphics for Homeschoolers
June 23 at 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
A Workshop Featuring Ancient Egyptian Writing
Plus an Introduction to the World’s First Alphabet: Hebrew!
Presented by archaeologist-linguist Dr. Douglas Petrovich, author of The World’s Oldest Alphabet
- Sponsored by the Center for Apologetics and Worldviews
- Hosted by the Bethany Lutheran College History Dept.
- Suitable for ages 10+ … with parents requested to remain and encouraged to participate!
- 9:50 a.m. Check In (please pre-register)
- 10:00 a.m. How did modern archaeologists crack the code of ancient hieroglyphics?
- 10:30 a.m. Learn to write your name in hieroglyphics.
- 11:00 a.m. How did Israelites sojourning in Egypt borrow from hieroglyphics to develop the world’s first alphabet?
- 11:30 a.m. Learn to write your name in proto-consonantal Hebrew and read the names of biblical persons.
See also: Why Does Moses Matter to Christians? (Apologetics Conference, June 23–24, 2021)