Education programs available:
- Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC)
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Montgomery GI Bill®
- Survivor and Dependents Assistance Program
- Veteran Readiness & Employment
- Minnesota State Tuition Reimbursement (STR)
Veterans and Servicemembers often have education benefits available to them, their spouses, and family members. At Bethany, we welcome students looking to use military benefits, and we work with each student to ensure that you utilize all available benefits.
Details about education benefits and qualifications are available on the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs website: https://www.va.gov/education. Questions? Reach out to the Bethany School Certifying Official, Nicole Wencl.
Bethany Lutheran College is a participant for both Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) and the Yellow Ribbon Program. If you are 100% eligible and have reached the national maximum for the Post 9/11 GI Bill® during the academic year, the VA and Bethany Lutheran College will cover the remainder of your eligible tuition and fees through the Yellow Ribbon Program for that academic year.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
- Apply and be admitted to Bethany at www.blc.edu/apply
- Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Receive the VA Student Responsibility Form from the Registrar and complete it.
- Contact Bethany’s School Certifying Official for more information.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. Government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC)
Bethany offers participation in the ROTC program through a partnership with Minnesota State University (MSU). Each year, Bethany students participate in activities with the MSU Maverick Battalion. Academic credit is provided for successful completion of the ROTC program.
Scholarships and other financial assistance are available for students with two, three, or four years of college remaining. Bethany students who receive a full-tuition ROTC scholarship will also receive BLC gift aid in an amount equal to standard room and board charges.
In order to participate in ROTC through Bethany,
- Apply and be admitted to Bethany. www.blc.edu/apply
- Inform the Registrar’s Office of your intent to participate in ROTC via email@example.com
- Follow the Registrar’s Office next steps for joining ROTC.
Military Science and Leadership Minor
The academic minor in Military Science and Leadership is available exclusively to students participating in the U.S. Army ROTC program. Coursework integrates military leadership skills with principles of American government and the history of warfare, preparing cadets for future service to their nation as military officers.
For more information about the Military Science and Leadership minor, please reach out to the Registrar’s Office via firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional service: Lutheran Military Support Group is a non-profit organization providing Christ-